Sunday, May 8, 2011

A good read

I just finished reading The Writing Circle by Corinne Demas...I enjoyed it, especially in the middle of the night when insomnia hits. As usual when I find a novel that appeals, it makes me want to write, but at the same time makes me anxious...I can't imagine writing anything remotely as good as any book I've read, even the not so great ones...I yearn for self-confidence, trying to shut the editor on my shoulder every time I put words down...it's so hard, but then again why worry about if it's good or not? What is wrong with me!? I've read lots about writing, about anxiety, but still it haunts me...I have to get back to whatever lines I've read that made me feel ok about me writing...enough said...if you enjoy reading about writing groups, this one's got a few twists in it. Enjoy, and peace.

1 comment:

  1. Trying to shut down the mental editor is a good thing to do, and something I constantly struggle with.

    ReplyDelete