Tuesday, May 24, 2011

peace of mind or a piece of my mind

In the end, it was one or the other....I don't like to fight with companies who don't want to be held accountable, who blame the product instead of their possibly faulty installation. So, I made the decision to forget about my energy efficient, supply on demand tankless water tank. After spending an initial 2400$ for a Takagi unit, including the installation by a company that shall remain nameless (unless you really want to know), I'm now in the process of waiting for a regular electric water tank to be installed this coming Monday...that will have been more than 2 weeks without hot water...not a huge deal really. That will now cost me about 1400$...am I finished with spending money to finally get hot water, no leaks, no more problems? I certainly hope so.
To get back to the title, I could have sent the faulty part to Ontario, gotten a new part, had it installed (at my cost), to find out later that they won't cover the part for some reason, even though it is less than 2 years old (did I mention the first company "fixed" a leak two years ago at a cost of 477$?) OK, since I wasn't too sure which would end up costing less, I opted for peace of mind. Tired now...you make up your own mind about what else I could have done, and not lost "it".
Peace to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment